« PreviousContinue »
Printed by His Majefty's Statute and Law Printers;
[Price 11. 2s. in Boards.]
Containing the TITLES of all
Paffed in the FIFTH Seffion of the FIFTH Parliament
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland ; 57 GEORGE III.
PUBLIC GENERAL ACTS.
N Act to continue and extend the Provifions of an Act of the Forty-ninth Year of His present Majefty, for regulating the Trade and Commerce to and from The Cape of Good Hope, until the Fifth Day of July One thoufand eight hundred and twenty; and also for regulating the Trade of the Iland of Mauritius. Page 1 2. An A&t for raising the Sum of Twenty-four Millions, by Exchequer Bills, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and seventeen. [See Cap. 132. § 12. post.]
3. An Act to empower His Majefty to fecure and detain fuch Perfons as His Majefty fhall fufpect are confpiring against His Perfon and Government. [See Cap.55. poft.]
4. An Act to extend the Privileges of the Trade of Malta to the Port of Gibraltar.
5. An A&t for continuing to His Majefty certain Duties on Malt, Sugar, Tobacco, and Snuff, in Great Britain; and on Penfions, Offices, and Perfonal Eftates, in England; and for receiving the Contributions of Perfous receiving Penfions and holding Offices; for the Service of the Year One thoufand eight hundred and feventeen. [See Cap. 132. §12. poft.] Ibid.
6. An Act to make perpetual certain Parts of an Act of the Thirtyfixth Year of His prefent Majefty, for the Safety and Prefervation of His Majefty's Perfon and Government against Treasonable and Seditious Practices and Attempts; and for the Safety and Prefervation of the Perfon of His Royal Highnefs The Prince Regent against Treasonable Practices and Attempts.
7. An Act to revive and make perpetual Two Acts of the Thirtyfeventh Year of His prefent Majefty, the one in the Parliament of Great Britain, and the other in the Parliament of Ireland, for the better Prevention and Punishment of Attempts to feduce Perfons ferving in His Majefty's Forces by Sea or Land from A 2.
their Duty and Allegiance to His Majefty, or to incite them to Mutiny or Difobedience. Page 10 8. An Act to continue, until the Fifth Day of April One thoufand eight hundred and twenty, an Act of the Fifty-second Year of His prefent Majefty, to regulate the Separation of damaged from found Coffee, and to permit Dealers to send out any Quantity of Coffee not exceeding Eight Pounds Weight without Permit. II 9. An A&t for vefting all Estates and Property occupied for the Barrack Service in the Comptroller of the Barrack Department; and for granting certain Powers to the faid Comptroller. 10. An Act to regulate the Veffels carrying Paffengers from the United Kingdom to certain of His Majefty's Colonies in North
11. An Act to facilitate the Progrefs of Bufinefs in the Court of King's Bench in Westminster Hall.
12. An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion; and for the better Payment of the Army and their Quarters. [See Cap. 35. poft.] 20 13. An Act for the regulating of His Majefty's Royal Marine
Forces while on Shore.
14. An A&t to indemnify fuch Perfons in the United Kingdom as have omitted to qualify themselves for Offices and Employments, and for extending the Time limited for thofe Purposes refpectively until the Twenty-fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and eighteen; and to permit fuch Perfons in Great Britain as have omitted to make and file Affidavits of the Execution of Indentures of Clerks to Attornies and Solicitors, to make and file the fame on or before the firft Day of Hilary Term One thousand eight hundred and eighteen. 31 15. An Act to continue, until the Fifth Day of July One thoufand eight hundred and eighteen, an Act of the Forty-fixth Year of His present Majefty, for granting an additional Bounty on the Exportation of the Silk Manufactures of Great Britain. Ibid. 16. An A& for raifing the Sum of Eighteen Millions, by Exchequer Bills, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and feventeen. [See Cap. 132. §12. post.] 32
17. An A&t to repeal, during the Continuance of Peace, fo much of an Act of the Ninth Year of His prefent Majesty as prohibits the Exportation of Pig and Bar Iron, and certain Naval Stores, unless the Preemption thereof be offered to the Commiffioners of His Majefty's Navy. Ibid.
18. An Act to facilitate the hearing and determining of Suits in Equity in His Majefty's Court of Exchequer at Westminster. 33 19. An Act for the more effectually preventing Seditious Meetings and Affemblies. 34
20. An Act for making further Regulations in respect to the Pay of the Officers of the Royal Navy, in certain cafes therein mentioned. 50
21. An Act to revive and continue for Two Years, and from thence until the End of the then next Seffion of Parliament, Two Acts made in the Forty-feventh and Fiftieth Years of His present Majefty, for the preventing improper Perfons from having Arms in Ireland. 58
22. An A& to amend Two Acts of the Fifty fourth and Fifty fifth Years of His Majefty's Reign, to provide for the better Execution
Execution of the Laws in Ireland, by appointing Superintending Magiftrates and additional Conftables in Counties in certain Page 59 23. An Act to further continue, until the Twenty fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and twenty, an Act of the Seventh Year of King George the Second, for the free Importation of Cochineal and Indigo. 60 24. An Act to alter and enlarge the Powers of an Act, paffed in the Fifty fourth Year of His present Majefty, intituled An A& for the further Improvement of the Land Revenue of the Crown.
25. An A&t to explain and amend an Act, made in the Forty eighth Year of His prefent Majefty, for repealing the Duties of Affeffed Taxes, and granting new Duties in lieu thereof; and to exempt fuch Dwelling Houfes as may be employed for the fole Purpose of Trade, or of lodging Goods, Wares or Merchandize, from the Duties charged by the said A&t. 67 26. An A& to amend and render more effectual Four several Acts paffed in the Forty eighth, Forty ninth, Fifty fecond and Fifty fixth Years of His prefent Majefty, for enabling the Commiffioners for the Reduction of the National Debt to grant Life Annuities. 70 27. An À& for repealing the Duties of Customs on Buck Wheat imported into this Kingdom, and for granting other Duties, until the Twenty fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and twenty one, in lieu thereof. 76 28. An Act to extend the Powers of Two Acts, for allowing British Plantation Sugar and Coffee, and other Articles imported into Bermuda in British Ships, to be exported to America in Foreign Veffels, and to permit Articles, the Produce of America, to be imported into the said Island in Foreign Ships, to certain other Articles.
29. An Act to extend to Newfoundland the Provifions of an Act paffed in the Fifty fecond Year of His prefent Majesty's Reign, for permitting the Exportation of Wares, Goods and Merchandize from any of His Majefty's Islands in the West Indies, to any other of the said Islands, and to and from any of the British Colonies on the Continent of America, and the faid Islands and Colonies. 78
30. An Act to regulate the Interefts and Periods of Payment of 79
Navy, Victualling and Tranfport Bills.
31. An Act for granting to His Majefty a Sum of Money to be
34. An Act to authorize the Iffue of Exchequer Bills, and the